CellNode BR Wireless Bridge
CellNode BR is an indoor wireless bridge that allows multiple clients to connect to local or remote access points using 802.11b/g 54Mbps wireless links. The device can function in three modes: Bridge, Relay, and Access Point. In Bridge and Relay modes, CellNode BR extends the coverage of traditional access points by connecting multiple access points to a single fixed line (Bridge mode) or by connecting multiple access points to a remote access point (Relay mode). Additionally, CellNode BR can function as a traditional access point, providing network access to wireless clients.
- Multiple operating modes to accommodate different network environments
- High data exchange rate of up to 54Mbps
- Secure communication based on 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2 standards
- Auto rate fallback for improved connectivity in the presence of obstacles or interferences
- User friendly configuration via a web browser
- Extended product life via firmware upgradeability
- Controlled network access via MAC access control
Bridge Operating Mode
In Bridge mode, CellNode BR will relay all signals coming from its Ethernet port to its wireless port and vice versa. This functionality will allow connectivity between LAN and wireless networks. In that mode, CellNode BR can be used to connect multiple access points to a wired LAN.
Relay Operating Mode
In Relay mode, CellNode BR extends the range of wireless networks. The device uses Wireless Distribution System (WDS) technology, allowing it to communicate directly with other access points. This way, a number of secondary access points can connect to a master access point via CellNode BR via wireless links.
Access Point Mode
CellNode BR can also function as a traditional access point to provide wireless clients with access to wired networks.